Simple Splendor

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The wedding is in two weeks.

I'm still not sure how I feel about it - part of me is excited to be photographing it, the other is completely terrified. These are the pictures that Richard (my cousin) and Rhonda are going to have to remember their wedding day. That's a lot of pressure to put on someone who considers themselves an amature, at best.

I'm sure I'm just being too critical of myself. We'll have to wait and see how things go.

On the plus side, this wedding's given me an excuse to buy all kinds of equipment! On top of the new lens I got a few weeks back, I've also gotten a tripod and some more filters. I'll need some more memory, but I'm going to see if I can borrow some from Dave.

I can't wait for this weekend! Richard (not my cousin) and I are taking a trip up to Algonquin. We'll be busing it there and back (which I'm sure will be an adventure in itself) and then spending four days in the park. I can't wait! Hiking, canoeing, biking... it'll be lovely!

I bought some vegan marshmallows (rather aprehensively, might I add) the other day. They are suprisingly delicious! Even Matt, who makes no attempt to hide his dislike of all my veggie products, thought they tasted like real marshmallows. I used one bag to make some rice crispy squares, and the other I'm saving to roast at Algonquin. It's been almost 5 years since I've roasted a marshmallow!

64 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home