Simple Splendor

Monday, May 01, 2006

My god, was last week ever amazing! More about that later, though. I haven't got the time, nor the thinking capacity, to recall it all at the moment.

But I will say this - I am far better suited for office work than I was retail. Today was my first official day as the "Junior Office Clerk" for the company that currently employs both my mother and my aunt. Aside from the management, we're the only three in the office. And I quote,

Aunty Avril: "We can be pretty mean, you know. You're going to have to learn how to separate work and family now!"
My Mother: "And don't you dare go running to your grandmother, telling her what we've said."
Me: "But I'm her favorite..."
Aunty Avril: "She has no jurisdiction here."

When we got to the office this morning, there were balloons strung all throughout the building, as well as banners and containers of M&Ms. And later in the afternoon we had a little party in the back room (consisting of my mum, my aunt, the HSS, and myself) to celebrate my aunt's birthday, my mum's birthday and my first day of work.

Coffee, non-alcoholic wine, and two-bite brownies. Word.

1 Comments:

  • I have been told - twice now - that it was my mother who made the comment about the jurisdiction, and not my aunt. Please note this as a formal correction and a public apology.

    Happy now, mum?

    By Blogger amy, at May 01, 2006 10:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home