Simple Splendor

Monday, April 10, 2006

Work was long. So very long.

There were, however, some pretty cool people that made my day bearable. Like the man that called me "darling" and the one who stopped to hold the dust-pan while I swept.

Oh. And that guy on the bus who yelled through an entire phone conversation. He was so loud that everyone on the bus knew that his girlfriend called to tell him that she knew he wasn't where he said he was going to be. But I assure you, he stuck to his story and insisted that he was on his way back from a buddy's place where they had been fixing a brake line. And he didn't care what she had heard from her friends because he was telling the truth. And then, after noticing everyone on the bus was looking at him, he put his cell on speaker phone. Not only could we hear him, but we could hear her too.

But now, the novelty of the bus ride home has worn off and my feet are throbbing. To reward myself for a hard day of work, I'm going out to dinner with Marko.

2 Comments:

  • oh so thats why your not home. Call me about tuesday. As well I really think people's actions are so fascinating. I wouldn't think to do something like put the conversation on speaker phone. What a message!

    By Blogger The Itty Bitty Circus on the Moon, at April 10, 2006 9:36 p.m.  

  • The sweet, sweet taste of eggo waffles in the morning. Not the real brand, mind you; that crap is overpriced. But yeah.

    Yeaah.

    I'm sorta glad I didn't apply at Canadian Tire. :\

    By Anonymous Rooochard, at April 11, 2006 8:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home