Simple Splendor

Friday, October 07, 2005

Halloween is just around the corner, which means that I have begun my search for a jack-o-lantern design cool enough to top last year's.



Originally uploaded by Amy Cow.

Yeah, it's Animal from The Muppets all right! He was done from a pattern I found online, but I'm thinking of making my own this year. We'll have to see if I can find the time to, but either way I'll be carving a pumpkin for sure. If you have any suggestions for a good design, leave me a comment!

Well, I'm in another one of my baking moods (it happens periodically and I bake like mad. Last time I made a coffee cake, muffins and mini chocolate eclairs... all completely from scratch!) so I think I'm going to stop of at a Bulk Barn or grocery store before work. And then tomorrow evening, the baking begins! I'll let you know how it turns out, possibly with pictures.

6 Comments:

  • Did the bulk barn end up offering you a job?

    and...what's a power lunch?

    By Blogger Kaiser, at October 07, 2005 3:37 p.m.  

  • P.S.

    YOU ROxOrZ!

    Miss you!

    By Blogger Kaiser, at October 07, 2005 3:38 p.m.  

  • Which reminds me, pumpkin pie is fucking awesome.

    By Anonymous Richard, at October 07, 2005 10:56 p.m.  

  • A+ to pumpkin pie...but I find that warm apple pie with some ice cream really hits the spot.

    By Blogger Kaiser, at October 08, 2005 11:42 p.m.  

  • I demand more posts! :p

    By Blogger Kaiser, at October 09, 2005 7:23 p.m.  

  • Frankly, I prefer my ice cream and pie seperate.

    I really, really want to try "combining" pies. I think an apple-cherry pie would be awesome. Or terrible. Maybe blueberry-cherry...

    I had pie made of ice cream just a couple hours ago, actually. And in reality, it was "gelatin" or whatever...that low-fat stuff. Interesting. But like penut butter, I like foods that are naturally fatty to stay that way.

    I wonder if this thing'd cut me off if I blabbered on too much. No, I'm not going to try. That'd be imature.

    No, I won't push that issue. It's of no matter. I just don't care. Though it does make me wonder if there's a limit to the blog entries themselves. I assume it'd be very high. "You have written 50 000 words. That's too much, go home."

    Come on, though, it doesn't take much time to send the 1's and 0's for a pile of text. You could upload a book's worth of writing, or a crappy photo in BMP format. God, people who use BMP format drive me insane. Some of us don't have very good internet, you bastard. I don't care about seeing your stupid pictures in super high quality mode.

    Hell, my camera doesn't even go up to that quality. 300kb per picture. That's where it's at. It looks pretty terrible, but then again, so do you, you stupid ugly crappy-faced loser jerk reader, you.

    For a 15-dollar camera though, it's quite some fun to use. Except indoors, or any time there's not an extreme amount of sunlight readily available. Whatever, you're jealous.

    Really, if you've read this far, you're probably have no social life, or secretly want me as your semi-sexual slave. Don't you? You pervert. You make me sick.

    You know what, I'm too angry to continue. Look what you did.

    ps - Amy's cool.

    By Anonymous Richard, at October 10, 2005 7:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home