Simple Splendor

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

You want to talk about ridiculous? I'll tell you what's ridiculous!

Yesterday I was feeling quite ill - sore throat, terrible headache, nauseous. I was able to grin and bare it through two periods, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to sit through my last class. Not to mention the fact that it's my computing class and it has to be at least 30° in that damn room because of the server thingy that's in there. Not quite a nice place to be when you feel like you just might throw up.

So I went home. I slept, I had soup, and by morning I was feeling a bit better.

Here's the kicker:

At Cameron when I was sick I'd head home and have my mum deal with it the next morning, or I'd head into the office before class and sort things out. It was never a problem. My attendance secretary was super understanding (she was adorable and knew everyone by name! And she'd talk to you about anything and everything... including how much she liked my coat!). So I didn't think anything of it when I left school yesterday without signing out.

I went into the office today to sort it all out. Turns out that this school has very different policies than Cameron. The secretary, who happens to be equally as adorable as my old one, told me that since I didn't sign out yesterday and despite the fact that my mum would verify the absence no problem, what I did was considered truant. Okay, I was truant. So what, right?

Turns out truancy qualifies for detention. That's right, I'm 18 and I've got detention tomorrow morning.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home