Simple Splendor

Monday, September 05, 2005

I haven't bloged in a while. I've been busy working and when I haven't been working, I've been sleeping away my sickness.

We didn't get up to a whole lot this week - just your typical hanging out. I did get a very special visit on Friday! Nini came to see me before he caught his flight to BC! It was really good seeing him one last time before he starts university. We got all caught up and I got a couple of pictures.

Saturday after work Jess, Jake, Michelle and I went to the Paris Fair. It was pretty decent. I hadn't been before and wasn't sure what to expect. Holy crap! There were quite a few hillbilly, redneck types. And at one point some country song called "It's Okay To Be A Redneck" came on! I was laughing so hard and Michelle and I had to have spent a good 10 minutes doing our redneck impressions. And I quote, "No Billy, you can not have a 'coon for a pet! I told you before - wait until Christmas and we'll see what Santa can do!" It was wicked fun. And we sat around and watched the destruction derby and motorcross events. Very cool, despite the cold, wet ground we were stuck sitting on. I also pet some goats and a little baby chick, and I had the shit scared out of me by a very tricky duck.

We decided that it would have been so much fun if Qasir had come. But, sadly, he is off living the high life at U of T. Awww! I'm going to miss you hun. You are such a great friend who I could always count on no matter what! The number of times you saved my ass, or listened to me ramble on when none of the girls were available for advice. Qasir, believe it or not, is very good at the whole girl talk thing! We were a pint of Ben & Jerry's, a two for one movie rental and a pedicure kit away from any given pre-pubescent girl Friday night sleep over.

Anyway, you have to come back and visit - especially Christmas break! I talked to my mum about it and she says that you are more than welcome to come and stay with us. And she mentioned it to my grandma who said that you are more than welcome to come to our big family get together on Boxing Day! So I guess it's settled then.

2 Comments:

  • I would have done that sleep over for good ice cream :p

    hehe...It's been too long since I've read this blog of urs...so I'm bingeing and reading BOTH entries at once. I know...monsterous...all good things in moderation they tell me. But I say "THE HELL WITH IT!"

    Ahh...It's friday afternoon...I'm slightly insane from a week of university...some tough cookies to work over on the weekend. I know I should blog about it...but heck...I'll just leave you comments...you're my number one fan anyway :D

    By Blogger Kaiser, at September 16, 2005 4:04 PM  

  • I couldn't help it...I blogged too! Read!

    And uhh...I MIGHT take you up on your offer. I'll let you know as we get closer to december...maybe even in december...unless you need to know earlier.

    By Blogger Kaiser, at September 16, 2005 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home