Simple Splendor

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I've been working quite a bit lately - not a lot, but certainly more than I was expecting! When I was hired, they told me that I'd be getting around 10 hours a week. I'm schedualed to work 27.5 next week. The increase in hours is mostly because of back to school shopping and the fact that we just had one of the full time staff leave.

I leave for work in about half an hour. I should really be... oh I don't know... getting dressed or something. I'm only going through the actions - my mind is somewhere else completely. It's in the same place it's been for a solid week or two, which had made work interesting. Here's hoping our weekend trip to Jake's cottage will put an end to all this thinking. But utill then, I'm off to brush my teeth. I'll leave you with a blurb from a conversation I had with Richard. This kid is awesome to talk to. You need a laugh? He can do it! You need serious, heart to heart advice? Surprisingly enough, he can do that too... except for when he's too busy calling his girlfriend retarded.

"I know how to charm the ladies: pretzels, sexy faces, and getting naked. How do you think I've had so many girlfriends? Looks? pfft. I'm like a dragon. Dragons are not attractive. But I bet you'd like a pet dragon anyway. It's all about power - mystical abilities. Though sexual attraction doesnt really play a part with dragons. Unless there was a giant dragon (ie: you) who wanted a smaller pet dragon. Maybe grow it into a proper mate? But then, being such a big dragon, you could forcefully take it without getting naked. [pauses] Or was it the small dragon that gets naked?"

I have no idea what half of that was supposed to mean. So, as I did, draw your own conclusions. I think that somewhere along the way, I was also refered to as a dragon... So not cool, Richard. So not cool.

2 Comments:

  • I confuse even myself.

    I leave you with some B-52's lyrics:

    Somebody went under a dock
    And there they saw a rock
    It wasn't a rock.
    it was a rock lobster.

    ROCK LOBSTER!

    By Anonymous Richard, at August 24, 2005 8:39 PM  

  • naked dragons and rock lobsters, got'a laugh to richard's distinct humor. or is he serious? really funny.

    you have a great style amy, not just for writing but according to your blog, and to dawn, also a great style for living. good for you! it was worth stopping by.

    bea

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 25, 2005 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home