Simple Splendor

Sunday, July 24, 2005

My dad was visiting with some old friends of his this week and he met their daughter for the first time. She's seven and her name's Emma.

My dad's friend: "Emma, this is Mr. _______ - an old friend of mine."
My dad: "Oh no! Mr. _______ seems weird. Just call me Jeff!"

... some time later that night ...

Emma: "My parents have told me to call you Uncle Jeff. But I was thinking - if I'm not going to call you Jeff, I don't want you to call me Emma."
my dad: "Okay, then what do you want me to call you?"
Emma: "Sugar Snaps."
my dad: "Ummmm.... only if that's alright with your parents."

I nearly peed my pants laughing when my mum told me this. Holy crap. I mean, where the hell did she get "Sugar Snaps" from?! "Only if it's alright with your parents" ... classic.

2 Comments:

  • King: I shall dub thee, little girl to be known from this day forth as, Sugar Snaps!

    Little boy: ...what about me?

    King: You, m'boy, shall be, Lollipop!

    ...Don't ask...it seemed pretty funny in my head.

    By Blogger Kaiser, at July 25, 2005 1:02 p.m.  

  • hahahahahahaha....
    .... haha...
    ha.
    oh man... I need a minute.
    hahahahaha...
    I have nothing to say...
    hahahaaaaaa...

    By Blogger dek, at July 26, 2005 4:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home