Simple Splendor

Sunday, June 12, 2005

I was lounging around, cursing the heat when I realised I hadn't posted in a few days. So here I am doing it now.

Friday was a good end to a shit week. Nathan, Qasir and I went to RONA to pick up eight bags of mulch. You're right; eight bags does seem like a lot! But Nathan insists that it was all needed. So off we went to RONA. Qasir is such an ass. He both impersonated a German guy (think angry Nazi) and informed the store that Jack the Ripper must have been a very patient man. He then attributed this to him being English. I took great offence... and so did the rest of the store, I'm sure!

He also seized the opportunity to ride the cart.



"Weeeeeee!"

After that we went to the Bulk Barn. Fortunately for all of us, Qasir didn't have a bulge in his pants this time! We took our goodies back to Nathan's where we lounged around for hours on the deck. Correction: Nathan and I took our goodies back to Nathan's... Qasir mooched for some of our goodies. We talked to Chantelle (spelling?) and Nathan's brother for a while, the later on Jess, Beth, Sarah, Hannah and Hue stopped by. It was an all around good evening.

Then yesterday my dad took me up to Toronto to go shopping as my birthday present! Our first stop was Kensington Market - totally the shit! I love it there. My mum asked me if I was going to live there and when I said yes, she said "Good. Because you'd be crazy not to. This place is just so you. As soon as you get accepted to a Toronto university, start looking for a place in the area." My cousin lives in the middle of it all. It's so amazing!

Anyway, I bought a tee shirt (with the trans am logo on it), some jewelry and some head scarves, and an adidas sport jacket with a little Union Jack on it. It's really nice and light and good for cool, summer evenings - This is what I tell myself to justify buying it. My brother talked me into it. Don't get me wrong, I love it... but it cost me $60.

After a fantastic mosey through the streets of Kensington, we went to this amazing vegetarian buffet! There were just rows and rows of food and it was soooo good! I absolutely loved it and I'll for sure go back next time I'm in the area. My brother, on the other hand, was in hell.

After that we went to the Vaughn Mills mall. The place is massive! All those stores, and all I left with was two pairs of jeans. Very nice jeans though, and on sale too! We went out for a nice dinner before heading home and getting stuck in a massive jam. It wasn't even during rush hour. They had shut down part of the highway because of an accident and they had to redirect all of the traffic.

Anyway, I ended up having $100 left, but spent $10 this morning on a Nalgene. Tomorrow I'll probably buy that pair of cute sunglasses I saw downtown. I'll still have loads to spare.

I turn 18 in six days. Prom is in four. Six school days left before exams, and then I will be all done and graduated. It's going to be a great week. But for now, I'm off to write a monologue for English class.

1 Comments:

  • The caption is every bit true...I actually did say "Weee!" in a high pitched school girl voice of approximately the age of 7. At which time Nathan let go of the cart and the gleeful squeal turned into a shocked gasp of breath as I contemplated on bailing from the cart before it struck an obstacle, launching me into the air. Luckly, Nathan kindly grabbed hold again before any such crisis could occur. Bless his soul.

    P.S. I stand by my Angry Nazi impersonation!

    By Blogger Kaiser, at June 13, 2005 11:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home