Simple Splendor

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Yesterday was such an awesome day. I had expected it to be ass. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

You remember that German contest I wrote? Well, we got the results back in class yesterday. I placed 4th in my category. Fuck yeah. Which means I receive a cash prize! First place gets $1000... but I'm not sure how much I get. It's over $100 for sure. But I have a feeling that I don't get the money until the awards in October. Oh well - considering I didn't expect to place, I'm just glad to have won something! And I had said to my mum that morning, "If there's an oral section of the competition - I'm walking out. I refuse to talk to them in German. I'll only make an ass out of myself." Sure enough, there was an interview/conversation portion. And, apparently, the two teachers that interviewed me complimented me on what a great job I did.

What else happened? ummmm... Ooo! Alex gave me a zebra watch. That was quite exciting. Thanks Alex!

Then I went home to grab some food before night school, then headed back for class. The teacher has already given us our exam question (I write the exam Thursday night) and it's an essay on a topic that I wont have a problem with. I'm going to write a rough copy tonight and then memorize it by class tomorrow night. Anyway, we had a couple presentations and some exam prep before break. But my teacher said, "After break I'll be putting that documentary from last week on. If you're here to watch it with me - great. If you're not - I wont notice." So I left.

Ended up going out for coffee with Nathan. He burned his tongue on a spicy muffin. Don't ask.

Tonight I've got my Spring Concert for school. Last concert ever. My grandparents, my cousin and his girlfriend, my parents, my brother and some friends are going to be there. All to see me fuck up The Battle Hymn of the Republic. Just super.

Hopefully pictures tomorrow.

3 Comments:

  • Well I've got good news...and bad news. The good news is, I didn't get to see you fuck up at the spring concert...the bad news is...I didn't go to the spring concert. I know I said I would, but I was so hungry I had to head home and eat something...or go crazy...now I don't know about you...but having a friend in thats foaming at the mouth is not the serene picture perfect thing I imagined at your Spring Concert. So really if you think about it. I did you a favour...I expect a thank you in the form of chocolate tomorrow.

    By Blogger Kaiser, at May 25, 2005 9:01 PM  

  • P.S. Can I have your Zebra watch?

    By Blogger Kaiser, at May 25, 2005 9:01 PM  

  • Fat chance, buddy! I (heart) that watch.

    As it turns out, I didn't fuck up the concert. I played quite well. Expecially during "Battle Hymn". Oh! But I did get booed... funniest shit ever!

    More about that in another post.

    By Blogger amy, at May 26, 2005 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home