Simple Splendor

Sunday, May 01, 2005

So last night's show was pretty damn cool. It wasn't jazz, like we had expected. But instead it was all a tribute to Louis Armstrong and his music in barber shop form. That's right - an evening of barber shop. It was nuts. And I swear that we were the youngest people there. If I had to guess, I would say that at least 80% of the audience was over the age of 60. It was awesome. But surprisingly, I noticed an extreme lack of argyll.

After the show we were heading out and Nathan decided to jokingly push Steve. Steve, however, wasn't expecting it and, well, flew! It caught everyone off guard - especially the crowd of old people behind us. This was followed by an impromptu STOMP performance by Steve and Nathan to the ... delight... of the parking lot. They're not sure, but they think that some women heading to their car joined in.

We went for coffee at Tim Hortons and Tiffany was working, so waited around for her to finish her shift. Steve choked and Nathan spilled his tea (no matter what he tells you, it wasn't my fault!). And yeah. That was that. I didn't want to go home, so the three of us went to Nathan's for a while.

I must get going, but before I do, I'll leave you with a picture from camp. I've decided to give you all my camp tales in installments, because it would be one massive entry if I were to do it otherwise.



Originally uploaded by Amy Cow.

Katharine, Dan, Beth and I decided that we had to do something for the talent show. So, with less than an hour's preparation, we started a rock band! You read right. A rock band. Now I know that it was a music trip (yes, it was band camp) but that doesn't mean that we knew what we were doing. Yet again, I managed to make a complete ass of myself while there. But at least this year it was intentional. Beth (not in the picture :'( ) was our lead singer, Katharine (left) played tambourine, Dan (middle) played guitar, and yours truly (right) was on drums. I was fucking awesome... in a lame "I can't play" sort of way. In case you were wondering, we played Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl".

5 Comments:

  • That was an amazing performance Amy!Best performance of the night! and Dan's faux hawk was pretty darn hott! That picture turned out to be so awesome! even though its blue...

    SUPERFANTASTIC drum playing!!! lol, Mel's two second drum lessons worked well eh?

    Crossroads this year kicked ass but I have to say, last year's cabin skits were a whole lot funnier.

    By Anonymous Melanie, at May 01, 2005 2:26 p.m.  

  • I agree, the skits last year were funnier.

    Without your lessons, I would never have become the fantastic drummer I am today. I appreciate everything you've done for me! *sniff, sniff*

    "... but I didn't want to wake my cabin!!"

    By Blogger amy, at May 01, 2005 2:30 p.m.  

  • the Tea spilling was her fault all her fault.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2005 10:38 p.m.  

  • DANIEL J. CLARK
    HAHA It was so much fun and damn i did look hot with the hawk. I had lots of fun and it's just another memory of the many at band camp

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 04, 2005 8:38 p.m.  

  • From Melissa:)

    Catheryne is how you spell her name.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2005 2:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home