Simple Splendor

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I'm in first period - just started the photo shop class. We're waiting for our accounts to be set up. Just sitting here... waiting. Seeing as all of the good sites are blocked on these damn computers, I figured that I'd post.

I had band this morning and cabin lists for camp were posted. We leave tomorrow and I need to get things sorted out before then. You see, my friends, I have been put in a cabin filled entirely with grade 9s. Entirely. Apparently there has to be at least one senior in every cabin. So what happened? Melissa, Cheryl, Laura, Kate, Sarah, and Beth (all of whom I'm friends with) were put in a cabin together. Another cabins has four senior girls. Another has at least 3. My cabin? Just me. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the kids I've been roomed with are all very nice girls... but there is a big difference between the mindset of a 14/15 year old and that of an 18 year old. Besides, I figure one of two things will happen: They will either all end up very, very hurt (depending on how shrill their voices are and whether or not they know when to keep quiet) or the music department will end up with a bus load of corrupted, jaded niners. I can't help it. Too much time around me and they will be ruined. It's bound to happen one way or the other.

I'm going to ask to either be switched with a senior that can handle being with them or ask to have at least another senior moved so that I'm not on my own. It wouldn't be so bad if it was me, a friend and the rest of them. But I have no one. No one. *sobs into sweater*

I'm sure it wont be that bad. And if they wont don't some shuffling to accommodate the extreme annoyance I get from grade 9s, I'll make do. I'll just have to whip them into shape and make sure they know who's boss. I've got to stay positive. I'm not going to let this ruin my last year at camp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home