Simple Splendor

Friday, April 08, 2005

I'd be better off in the good old days before all of these new fangled gadgets were invented.

So I definitely thought that I would have time to post this week. But no, for some reason my computer in first period animation has trouble with LiveJournal. All the others are fine. It's just mine. I think it hates me.

But that's neither here nor there because I'm posting now. So what's been keeping me busy these past few days? I have no idea. Most of what I can remember happened today. Anything before that is gone. It's a little sad now that I think about it.

Anyway, my grandmother's 80th birthday is Saturday and, being the loving family that we are, we're throwing her a huge fucking party. I think close to 80 invites were sent out. And think, those 80 people will bring husbands, wives, children, whatever. Fucking. Huge. We've booked a hall and it's going to go from 4 until they kick us out (probably midnight) and it's going to be in typical English fashion. My grandparent's used to own a pub, so they know how to have a good time. This isn't going to be some quaint gathering of friends and family. It's going to be a partay!

So me being me, I decide that, as my gift to my grandmother, I'll make a scrap book of her life that will double as the party guestbook. Unfortunately for me, I'm a dumbass and came up with this idea like, a week and a half ago. I didn't get all of the pictures until Tuesday. Ugh. So Nathan drove me to Zehrs today so I could make prints with the Kodak Picture Maker. He leaves me alone for 5 minutes and when he comes back I'm all pissed at the machine. Seriously, technology hates me. And to top it off, I was all stressed out because of my night school midterm I had to write tonight. So he walks over, observes me bitching at the machine, and says "Yeaaaaah. I think I'm going to go grab a Coke or something." And off he goes. So after a few frustrating minutes with that blasted machine pass, he comes back looking totally guilty. I was just like "What the hell did you do?" and he doesn't say anything but keeps walking towards me. Next thing you know he pulls a flower out from behind his back! He had bought it to make me feel better! So cute!

And yeah. It worked and I went back to school happy and wrote my midterm which was absurdly easy! Not to mention I get a 7% bonus added for being super cool. My team won the review Jeopardy game. I'm in grade 12 and we still review with Jeopardy. So sad.

Today was a damn good day.